A Blog of Random Thoughts

Monday, June 14, 2010

My Poem

This was a poem I wrote in Language Arts class based off of Anne Frank's diary...apparently a lot of people like it so I just thought I would put it up here for people to see (tell me if you like it!):

Banjo Man

When I was young, two years ago
My life was just like whirling snow
I never looked back at the past
I never stopped to think and ask
If I had had the chance to meet
That crippled man upon the street
That crippled man without a name
And all of his meal upon his man
He was very messy, quite bizarre
And on his coat: a yellow star
His soul seemed to take wondrous flight
As he played his banjo through the night
The man had no where to reside
As he sat there on the cold curbside
I passed this man for years on end
Never wondering if he needed a friend
But now the German's force us all
To cramp into these tiny walls
And hide from their cruel, ruthless fists
That make sure Jews cease to exist
So I sit in this confined place
Never to see that old man's face
And I wonder if he is hiding, too
And I wonder now, what I would do
If I had had a chance to meet
That crippled man upon the street

Um yeah that's it I hope you like it! =)

4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful and deeply thoughtful and moving poem. I've shown it to many friends, some of them professional journalists, poets, and authors, all agreed that you are an exceptionally gifted writer. Write more. Write often. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so amazing!!! You could totally publish it. I've shown it to friends too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is really all I can say. Wow. You are such a good writer.WOW. . .

    ReplyDelete