A Blog of Random Thoughts

Friday, March 19, 2010

Lululemon- Fashion Fantasy, Supposedly

So, what is it with Lululemon Athletica these days? It seems like everyone who is everyone is wearing it. I mean, sure, those black yoga pants reduce your butt size and make it look 10 times cuter, and the sweatshirts help shape out your torso, but I have recently found some downsides. One; MONEY MONEY MONEY, people. $98 dollars for one pair of pants? One sweatshirt? There is only one thing us smart-spenders can say about this: puh-lease! Two; It's a FAD, people. How do I know this? Well, let's just say one miserable semester of required Home Ec paid off in the long run. (They taught us how to set the table. TABLE SETTING, PEOPLE! You have to agree that's sad)
But on to the point. Because it's a fad, it is going to be way out of style faster than you can earn the money to pay for it. And then, when you can STILL fit in it, it'll just be hanging in your closet- the only comfort is your fancy cloths that you never wear except to wedding and dates and funerals. 200 dollars, waisted. AM I RIGHT? I think so.
(Also, if you are so desperate for popularity that you are willing to waist hundreds of dollars on one outfit, i feel bad for you)

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! That's just CRAZY. There are plenty of places to find cute yoga pants for a lot less...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kno. I have to admit this is my favorite post. It make me feel full of smarticle particles. :)

    ReplyDelete