A Blog of Random Thoughts

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Writing

Ok, this is the first post I have done asking for advice. So, my aunt and I found this Random House site (U kno, only the most rewarded and famous book publishing company for a bzillion miles) and each year they have this...writing contest. For 'young adults', the requirments for the book are it has to be at least 100 typewritten pages and no more than 224 (i kno, random number but i guess thats why its called RANDOM house lol) and i know i can totally do it. I've written alot of short stories as well as long stories (whether i have finished them or not is a whole other story). Everyone i send my stories to is amazed by them. I even sent it to my relative whom HAPPENS to be a published author with a reality show based on her books and she told me i had a gift. (Plus, as you may have noticed, I am an expert blogger, so that might come in handy).
You may be asking, 'what's in it for you?'. Well, if you win first place, you get $1500 in CASH and a huge advancment toward editors and publishing books PLUS u get a published copy of the story. How's that for a reward?

So do u think i should do it?

3 comments:

  1. You should totally do it! And it's true. You have a gift in writing. Did you ever finish that story you started in like fourth grade? (the adventures of Angela something I don't remember)
    -Cheesy (I think that's how we decided to spell it, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm he he well i have that story somewhere, i think. But i recently read back on it and wanted to barf. But hey, that was fourth grade. And her name was Angela Windwalker. (I hate to admit it, but i got the name from some superhero drawing book my bro has)
    And, yes, that is how we desided to spell it.

    ReplyDelete